Beef curry should be at the top of the list when it comes to quick and satisfying food. Fragrant spices and meat can be on the table in less than an hour. This is one of the best delicious curries, After eating it you will be forced to take it again.
- 2 pounds well-trimmed boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons Major Grey chutney
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over high heat. Working in batches, add beef to pot and brown on all sides, about 7 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until tender and brown, about 7 minutes. Return beef to pot. Add cloves, garlic, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf and dried red pepper to pot; stir 1 minute. Stir in milk, tomatoes, chutney, lemon juice, ginger, curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until beef is tender, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours.
- Uncover; increase heat to medium. Boil stew until juices are slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.